Mark Thomas, one of PPI’s Lead Consultants and Faculty on Strategy / HR and Business Partnering sets out a challenging list of behaviours and actions that he believes are critical for today’s high impact HR Business Partners.
Check out if you are delivering in these areas?
- Possessing a laser like focus on the critical business issues and how HR can add value to them – cash flow, sales, service, innovation, productivity, employee capabilities and skills
- Ensuring that performance shortfalls are held accountable across all aspects of the business
- Challenging line managers to make tough decisions when it comes to people and HR issues
- Using simple and clear language when communicating with the business – losing the HR speak – PDPs, MDPs, Competences, Blended Learning!!??
- Being demanding and decisive – not accepting “second best” or compromising when it comes to HR and business solutions
- Having an “informed view” on which employees are key business contributors – and not just the top team!
- Arguing for the best people in the most critical and demanding positions
- Being persuasive and sometimes pushy with line colleagues – not giving up at the first sign of resistance
- Spending lots of time with critical business leaders on their challenges – as opposed to doing HR admin and discussing the “nice to haves”
- Cultivate a performance driven culture that is built on the principles of recognition and motivation
In February 2014 Mark will be delivering our PPI High Performance HR Business Partner Skills Programme – for more details check out the following